Friday 9 January 2009

Closure



There was a time, a long time ago, in a faraway land, that I fell in love. I was just happily, madly, utterly in love, and there was so much happiness, joy, laughter. There was much rejoicing. The times we had together was just …special and magical. Next thing you know, SHUT! Game Over. Gone. Dead. Completely cut off. Disconnected.

The memories are still fresh in my mind. The moments, the feeling…But I can't get it back. I may spend my entire life trying to get back into that Polariod; fighting all the way. But to no avail. Our relationship was the best I have ever had. Even now, years later, anytime I come close to it, I want to dive in. Sink or swim, I don't care.

I would give anything to be even in “the room” next to it; across the street, a breath away.. reminiscing and remembering what I never let myself forget. To look into his eyes and knowing; another time, another place, he will be there; standing right in front of me…within grasps. And I will hold him tight and never let go. Never ever.... I fought hard, but only with myself.

There were nights I cried. When we were together, him driving me home, I cried. Not because I was sad, or missing him, but because I was happy. Just so happy I couldn't contain myself. I couldn't believe it was real. Was it real? Have you ever wondered, have you ever asked yourself? There was this feeling..this trembling, completeness. The warmth that made everything seemed big.. Everyone seemed to be looking at you. You were the one. But not anymore..it is all gone. And it will never be there again.

I still see little pieces of you everywhere; a glance, a smile, a touch….The years away from you saw me counting the petals on daisies, he still loves me..he loves me not..he still loves me…HE STILL LOVES ME..I wish it was so..After 18 year, today, I am finally ready to accept that it is over..There is a need for closure..for the both of us. It is time, and I need to make this effort..Though our time together was brief; it was effortless and it was filled with love. Thank you, for allowing me into your life and for sharing your life with me.


If you ever see/read this, you will know it is by me. Our story was probably meant to be a tragic love story. Continue smiling, though it will never be for me. I’m glad that this ‘burden’ is finally out of me and hopefully, I am ready for a closure.. Goodbye, DB..


There is nothing in the world so wonderful as to love and be loved; there is nothing so devastating as love lost.

No comments:

Stories from within, voices from my heart, cries from my soul, laughter to the core..