Wednesday 20 May 2009

Man Shopping

Janet emailed me today - reminding me that my clock is tick-tock-tick-tocking away and my days to finding a replacement hubbs are now numbered! Can't be....!!!

Aunty Tan (mak's friend who reads palms and birthdates) said to me that I would be married again in my early 40s. I do not know whether it was just a form of pacifying -as I just got out of my marriage or it was for real! (but i like the second one better..muahahahahaha) I did ask her to be specific - on the age factor especially. And that was when she made my day - for the next many many moons of my new single life.

I told everyone about it - my crack sister, the gurlie gurlz, the babes.. EVERYONE, and it made me feel great and back on track again! It was then I decided to 'test the water'.

I guess the Litmus paper I had used was not the right one as I began to attract men who are 1) unable to hold themselves for more than two seconds and 2) of Vellapan's (nick name for Deva)species. I must say - Been there and done that already and I am SOOOOOOO not going back to those routes no more!! All tests were put to halt...under further notice.

Then, Lan and family moved to Melawati one month after Baity gave birth to Qayyum. My weekends don't seemed like a weekend no more..Weekends are no longer days of rest but days of slogging behind the stove and running around trying to keep up with Saadiah and Iman! It doesn't stop at that - I feed and bathe them too! Iman has a new mama now - now that she has join the 'mandi bersama mama' fraternity and seen them all - the good, the bad, the pretty and the ugly! (if you guys dont know hoots about the things I have said earlier - tough titties..)

The final blow came about during the last weekend - mak & Aton was busy doing some housekeeping on the slope next to the house. So, as always, I have been designated to handle all kitchen matters. Fine....I thought. Little did I know that Aton did not prepare any breakfast. Never mind, I said to myself, I will just run to the mamak restaurant and grab some roti canai. Then I thought why not make chicken rice - the easiest of all dishes. Maybe Baity can help babysit Saadiah while I cook..I thought..

I ended up juggling everything at one time while she sits pretty-ly breastfeeding Qayyum. I am not saying that she should stop breastfeeding - what I am saying is that probably her milk storage is depleting and that she should start on the formula. But no....what would I know about being an ibu mithali? "Baity kalau boleh nak susukan Qayyum susu badan sampai dia dua tahun"(I can somehow visualise her tonation and facial expression -YUCK)

Anyhoots, there I was, boiling the rice, steaming the chicken, roasting some chicken, taking the steam chicken out of the steamer and soaking them in cold water, feeding the kids, chasing them around, turning the chicken in the oven, taking the chicken out of the cold water and into the steamer......wait...wait..need to catch my breath..frying the taugeh, setting the table and calling everyone to eat! (Even the maid don't do half the things I did!)

Sunday was no better - and that was when I decided I needed a break! I need to go man shopping and I need to go real soon! No more playing the adorable, feel-free-to-step-all-over-me ayu/kak ayu/sister-in-law/maz..I have had enough of all this crap.
If only shopping for men is as easy as buying taugeh at the market, life would be just perfect. If Dah busuk and hitam, buang... kalau nak beli, cari yang keras-keras...






1 comment:

hamimami said...

Eh why must put the steam chicken into cold water then back into the steamer again? Is that a technique ah? Ayoyo Maz, u need to quit the Mandi Bersama Mama soon coz kids DON'T FORGET ahhh!! Especially zaman ni punye kids! Otak sponge! Nanti the girls pi cerita kat org!!

Stories from within, voices from my heart, cries from my soul, laughter to the core..